Home- Personal Injury Lawyer Network
What is a Personal Injury Claim? (basic)
Do I Need an Accident Lawyer?
Finding an Accident Lawyer
Need a Free Consultation?
Finding and Choosing an Accident Lawyer
If you have been seriously injured in an accident
you probably should seek the advice of
an experienced accident lawyer right away.
Following a serious accident there are a number of
important steps that your attorney can take to try to
secure your future. As a result of a major accident,
your life may change drastically.
You may experience temporary or permanent inability to work,
physical and emotional pain, loss of enjoyment of life,
physical limitations and expensive medical bills.
Finding and choosing an experienced and capable injury lawyer promptly
is an important decision, as it can make the
difference between a successful outcome and an
unsuccessful one. The information on this page is provided
to give you some helpful hints on choosing
the best accident lawyer
What to avoid when you need to hire an accident lawyer:
Many people do not know where to find a
skilled and qualified attorney who can
aggressively represent their case. The
following are some common mistakes that
people make when choosing an
- Lawyer referral from a friend: Your friend probably means well,
but if they had a different legal situation from yours, they probably needed different
attributes in an attorney than those which you need to recover
monetary compensation for your injuries.
- Finding an accident lawyer in the yellow-pages: The yellow pages
are impersonal and do not give you the background information that you
need to hire a competent personal injury lawyer.
- Choosing an injury lawyer because the office is local: Convenience
should not be as significant as skill, professionalism, experience,
and the ability to effectively represent you in your case. You should try to find
an attorney who has all of the qualities that are needed for a successful
outcome in your case.
- Choosing an inexperienced accident lawyer: Your attorney
should be experienced in personal injury claims and up to date on current
laws and current cases regarding all areas
of accident law. Your lawyer should have the knowledge to answer
questions about your claims quickly and effortlessly.
How to Find and Choose the Right Accident Lawyer
When you are involved in legal matters arising from
a serious accident, you should hire an experienced
attorney that you feel meets your needs. The personal
injury lawyer that you choose should be a person that
is experienced and that you feel comfortable with.
Remember that you and your personal injury lawyer
will be spending a great deal of time together, so
compatibility is essential. The following are some
characteristics that you should look for when
choosing an accident lawyer:
- Choose a lawyer who has a quality legal education.
- Choose a lawyer who has experience in accident law.
- Choose an attorney who has been honored for successful case results.
(Such honors include Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, Million Dollar Advocates,
AVVO Top Personal Injury Attorney Award, AVVO Clients' Choice Award, ATLA Top 100, etc.
- Choose a lawyer that has positive testimonials from previous clients on third
party websites, such as AVVO.
- Choose an attorney who has the time and
resources available to represent you properly on your personal injury claim.
- Choose a lawyer who keeps current on personal injury law and who takes continuing education classes.
- Choose an attorney who provides aggressive representation.
- Choose a lawyer who will meet with you
personally for the initial consultation.
- Choose an attorney with reasonable contingency fees (40% or lower).
- Choose a lawyer that you are
confident has the skills necessary to properly represent you in your case.
10 Questions to Ask an Accident Lawyer BEFORE Choosing
When you are choosing an accident lawyer you may ask
him or her about case-related matters that will help you
decide if they are the right attorney for you. He or she should be willing and able to answer your
questions and to inform you about all the pertinent issues that are involved in your case.
- Does the attorney practice accident law? If so,
what part of their practice does it make up?
- Does the lawyer have experience successfully
representing cases that are similar to your case?
- How long has the attorney been practicing accident law?
- Has the lawyer been recognized by reputable law organizations?
- Has the attorney successfully settled many
cases on behalf of his or her clients?
- Do former clients have positive statements
to make in regards to the experience with their lawyer?
- Does the lawyer provide a free initial consultation?
- Will the attorney explain the legal process
and all aspects of your case to you?
- Does the lawyer have the time and staff to
adequately represent you in your legal matter?
- Does the attorney typically represent
plaintiffs (the injured parties) or is he/she with a
defense firm that typically represents defendants (the negligent parties)?
you have suffered serious injuries as the result of an
accident, you will want to find and choose
a competent, experienced, successful personal injury attorney
right away. By careful selection, you will be
able to choose the personal injury attorney who is right for you.
a Personal Injury Lawyer now for a free evaluation of your case.
Legal Help When You Need It Most
Add your listing
to our site!
U.S. and International Attorney Directory and Legal Resources
Recent Personal Injury and Car Accident News and Cases
A scene photograph with markings made or authorized by an eyewitness during his or her deposition to show the location of the impact involved in a motor vehicle accident is generally admissible in Hawaii and, even if the eyewitness does not remember the entire layout of the accident scene, the picture's exclusion by a trial court is normally grounds for reversal. See, Samson v. Nahalu, Hawai'i Supreme Court No. SCWC-10-0000102 (December 4, 2015).